-
November 20th, 1999, 09:11 PM
#11
Inactive Member
I think you're right. But if you put the dry ice on when the blowers cooled some, maybe it wouldn't crack the case? It'd have to warm up first and the dry ice would try to keep it cool.
You guys ever take a hit on that NOS? Does it make you laugh like I heard? If it does, it might be a good thing to have in the car, especially after the races!
-
November 20th, 1999, 09:35 PM
#12
Inactive Member
The new Ford Lightening (sp?) has a roots blower and is intercooled. Also, I seem to remember reading on a Miata board about a way to intercool the JRSC for the Miata. It might be worth looking into.
-
November 20th, 1999, 11:14 PM
#13
Inactive Member
Ho
Yes, in my younger days I did. And yes, it does make you laugh quite a bit. It also changes your voice, and basically makes life slower. Pretty cool, until you realize that basically all you are doing is slowly sufficating yourself. Personally, I don't recommend it. BTW, automotive NO2 uses sulfer in it, which is what you smell when somebody uses NOS. If you tried to inhale it, it is going to burn the living hell out of your throat and lungs. Save the NO2 for your car 
------------------
Red/black S2000
88 CRX DX 13.8@101mph all mota
http://members.aol.com/quickb18c
-
November 21st, 1999, 04:59 AM
#14
Inactive Member
How about using dry ice strapped to the blower and the case? I seen people do it with Miatas and the blower looks like the same one. The guy doing it at the races said it makes a big difference. It was a hot day too.
-
November 22nd, 1999, 05:30 PM
#15
Inactive Member
How about the tried and true method of WATER INJECTION?
------------------
.99 GSR
.TO4e power
.Plate# V8 THIS
.ICQ# 27569229
-
November 22nd, 1999, 06:44 PM
#16
Inactive Member
I wouldnt recommend inhaling n20 out of the blue bottle it will make you extremely sick if not kill you because of the sulfur, if you want to inhale n20 eat alot of candy and some crazy cavities and go to the dentist he'll hook ya up...
heh
------------------
Fire breathing, methanol guzzling, 9000 hp b18b.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks